Over the past four calendar years of blogging, I've jumped from one method to another while doing daily research. This hopping between methods is not premeditated, just incidental. For a while I'll use RSS readers, then I'll switch to Popurls clones, for monitoring the top blogs in a niche.

Still, there is one thing I do that stays pretty much consistent: using browser bookmarks. I keep the following folders:

1. Daily Sites - For sites that I want visit daily but don't necessarily want to have in my "niche dashboard."
2. Weekly Sites - For sites that I want to visit several times per week but don't need to visit daily.
3. Infrequent - For sites that I want to visit no more than once every week or two weeks.
4. To Read - for actual web pages that I want to fully read later, for improve my knowledge on a subject. Sometimes, these pages are not read for months, sometimes just weeks.

The key to successfully using these folders is to make a habit of it. Sure, you could use Del.icio.us for bookmarking. I have, but I find that I never actually go back and read any of those bookmarks. I find that keeping my Firefox browser bookmarks pane open at all times to be much more "in my face." So I'm far more likely to actually go back and read bookmarked URLs. It works for me; it might work for you.

0 ..comment.:

Copyright © 2008 - 5758 to Rich Home-based Business - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template